Microwell arrays* are widely used for microfluidic diagnostics. SU-8 is being used to lithographically fabricate addressable low cost high density microwell arrays for disposable biochips. Rapid diagnostic tests can be done with luminescent based assays using dyed SU-8 fiber optic faceplates. Reducing optical cross talk improves detection sensitivity. Applications include bio-mems for genomics, proteomics, and other bio determinations.
Hybrid SU-8 on glass biochip
- Precise wells – diameter, depth, pitch
- Highly addressable
- Spectrally specific absorbing chemistry
- Optical cross-talk eliminated with dye
- Low cost fabrication
- Wide variety of analysis, sensing
- Sensing at nano-levels for life science and homeland security
- Many shapes, channels possible
- High aspect ratio
- Chemically resistant to diagnostic chemistries
- Coating method can greatly reduce material cost
- Photolithography compatible with widely used IC processes and equipment
* This application has been jointly developed by Kayaku Advanced Materials, Inc. and Incom. Incom is a global leader in fused fiber optic technology. The fiber optic face plate used in this application was developed by and is manufactured by Incom.