Organic field-effect transistor (OFET) is a transistor that uses an organic semiconductor in its channel. These devices are being developed with low-cost, low temperature and large-area electronics in mind. Organic electronics can also be manufactured on polymeric substrates such as PET or PEN. This allows for large-scale roll-to-roll manufacture that could be used to produce large area, low-cost active matrix TFT’s for display applications.
Both top and bottom-gate configurations can use organic polymers such as SU-8 for the interlayer dielectric separating the active TFT from the pixel electrode.
- Highly crosslinked system with high structural strength
- Highly transparent in the visible range
- Options for low temperature bakes
- Photo imageable
- Fast photospeeds for high volume manufacture
- Low dielectric constants with high breakdown voltages
SU-8 2000 Material Properties
3.0 @ 1kHz to 10kHz, 4.1 @ 1GHz
0.015 @ 1GHz