Updated : March 31, 2020
Re: COVID-19 Impact and Response
To All Kayaku Advanced Materials Customers:
On March 31, 2020, Governor Baker of Massachusetts extended the closure of all non-essential business until May 4, 2020. Please be advised that Kayaku Advanced Materials, Inc. (KAM) is considered an “Essential Business” per Massachusetts and Federal guidelines and will continue operations during this time.
We are continuing to closely monitor our supply chain, logistical operations, and personnel for any impacts related to the actions taken in response COVID-19 (aka: Coronavirus) pandemic.
We are currently operating at full capacity and all orders are proceeding as scheduled. We are taking the necessary precautions to ensure a continuous workflow with minimal employee contact and maximum product output.
KAM is utilizing its Business Continuity plan which outlines our internal response to this type of event. As such, KAM will continue to work with our main suppliers, secondary sources, and logistical vendors to ensure a continuity of supply for all our customers. We will also follow the direction of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and any Government guidelines in response to this situation.
As a result of recent guidance from the Massachusetts and Federal Government, we are:
- Increasing the cleaning and sanitation of our work environments.
- Adjusting employee’s work schedules and utilizing remote work to ensure minimal social contact while maintaining production output.
- Replacing physical meetings with telephone conferences, video meetings, or written communication.
- Restricting business travel and visitors to the facility
- Asking employees to practice social distancing in the office environment and in personal situations.
- Advising employees to be mindful of their personal health and hygiene and avoid any large social gatherings or high traffic areas.
As these events continue to evolve, KAM will promptly update our customers should any event arise which affects our ability to deliver product.
If you have any further questions, please contact your Sales or Customer Service Representative.
Brian R. LaCroix
Director of Quality Assurance