UniLOR™ N: FAQs
- UniLOR™ N is a chemically amplified, negative-tone resist intended for high temperature lift-off applications. It can be used as a single layer lift-off resist or as the imaging resist on top of PMGI or LOR in a bi-layer lift-off scheme.
- Single layer lift-off resist using metal evaporation or physical vapor deposition processes requiring < 3 microns of metallization.
- The solvent contained in UniLOR™ N is PGMEA / Cyclopentanone.
- HMDS priming is recommended on bare silicon.
- Customers should use EBR PG for best EBR results.
- The PEB step is necessary to complete the thermally driven catalytic reaction that causes the exposed resist to become insoluble to the aqueous developer. A hard bake is not required, as the resist is meant to be temporary and stripped post-processing.
- The sidewall profile may be varied by exposure dose and post exposure bake temperature.
- KAM’s Remover PG (NMP-based) or DuPont’s INTERVIA™ 2011 Remover (DMSO/GBL based) are recommended for lift-off. Heating and ultrasonication can improve lift-off quality and rates. Lift-off times range from 10 – 30 minutes for complete lift-off depending on heat and sonication conditions.